View Single Post
Old 06.18.2007, 03:19 PM   #55
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
and malkmus' lyrics are fucking wonderful. I will take them any day over the bullshit boy needs girl lyrics that fill so much of music.

if you don;t like malkmus' lyrics then you don;t like thurston;s lyrics and you don;t like kim;s lyrics. they all flow from the same fount.

Obsequious without being intelligent; oblique without being enticing; far too fucking arch; faux-random. Latter-period he can write the odd alright tune.

SY, meanwhile, say nothing in particular very well - their lyrics never jump out and say, "hello, I'm a smart lyric, please admire my smartness". Well, sometimes, but generally not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Classical indie. There you go, I've coined the term for you. Now, go and compose three movements for kebab shop-approaching and getting your butt out of The Garage, and the whole thing will fall into place. Do you fancy a record contract?

Record contract? I'm so indie I sell my records by psychic connection. I do quite like the Kaiser Chiefs though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|