View Single Post
Old 05.04.2006, 03:44 PM   #10
bucklebone
bad moon rising

bucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard sucka
I saw GbV eight or nine times. Not only in my (our) hometown of Dayton, but all around these great United States. Pollard is opening for Pearl Jam in Cincy in June and might go just to check out the curiousity.

Ranking of GbV albums and ep's:

1) Bee Thousand (no question)
2) Alien Lanes (though not far behind)
3) Propeller (Quality of Armour, 14 Cheerleader, Large Hearted Boy, etc...)
4) Under the Bushes....
5) Do the Collapse (gets a lot of shit for overproduction, but I like it. Very catchy pop from the dial-flipping of Ric Ocasek).
6) Hold on Hope (ep) excellent pop from 1st to last track)
7) Shocker in Gloomtown (ep) not the right name, but it came out right before Bee 1000. Real great stuff.
8) Sunfish Holy Breakfast - Just because it has "If We Wait" on it. Classic GbV
9) Live at the Lounge Ax 1995 (bootleg) First, because I was there. Second because so was Kim Deal and she sang on Shocker in Gloomtown and Goldheart Mountaintop Queen Directory, and because it was right before Alien Lanes came out while it still had the working title of Scalping the Guru. And they did a bunch of great Alien Lanes songs before anyone else had heard them.
10) all the rest...it's all good stuff.

I HATE YOU
--Atari 2600
bucklebone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|