View Single Post
Old 05.21.2007, 10:23 PM   #34
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
well, most people here are talking about noise noise, noise rock i think are more like jesus lizard, unsane, cows, sun city girls, smegma, caroliner, arab on radar, harry pussy, rose for boudan etc. you know, rock bands who play with noisy elements, they still retain some sort of structures instead of being linear, etc.

Well, it really sounds like the original post was open to either or both. Most of us are too, but it's kind of funny how desperately people need to push stuff into one camp or the other (not dissing you EvN, you aren't particularly at fault).

Certainly stuff like Confusion is Sex or early Melvins fits neatly into noise rock, but plenty of rock artists have done full on noise records from Reed's Metal Machine Music to the Silver Sessions.

Then there are people like Man is the Bastard/Bastard Noise who walk both sides under a couple names (excellent shit too.) Of course Bastard Noise's greatest moment (to me) is RRRevenge which they're label dumped for not being "a noise enough" record. It never ceases to amaze me how with ever movement in art towards the freedom to break out of conventional structures, there are those who embrace the new language(s) as a means to create brand new cages.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|