View Single Post
Old 04.29.2007, 06:26 PM   #442
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
parts 2/3 of "king of carrot flowers" is probably the worst song ever.

There's something about Neutral Milk Hotel that bothers the hell out of me, and I don't think it's the music, because I don't really care one way or the other how it sounds. Maybe it's the lyrics, because it's just a bunch of nonsense that gives the illusion of having some deeper meaning but probably doesn't because the only people I know who listen to them usually tend to like lyrics and writing that are really just a bunch of meaningless crap.

Now I'm not saying that every batch of lyrics ever written needs to be mindblowing, because it's really about HOW you say something rather than WHAT you say if you get my drift, and some of my favorite songs have the most useless sets of lyrics to go along with them, but these lyrics aren't pretending to be good either.

Right now I am just going through some sort of phase where I really don't want to hear and understand lyrics because few people can actually write them well enough to please me, so I've tried listening to more foreign music that I can't understand the lyrics to obviously (because I still like to hear certain kinds of voices), but also more instrumental music so I don't have to worry about liking the voice either, because now there is none, and that makes everyone involved happy.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|