View Single Post
Old 03.23.2006, 06:03 AM   #57
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signpost
And why should i be ashamed? They haven't released anything interesting since Standards which was from 2001 if i recall correctly. I know much more interesting and less popular bands than Tortoise.

I agree wholeheartedly that there are better bands out there than Tortoise, and that they haven't done anything spectacular recently. However, this doesn't preclude what they HAVE done, which I think deserves them some praise. Incidentally, I don't think they're overrated in that I personally don't hear that much attention given to them these days anyhow.

I think this is where many of our disagreements with one another lie. How are we defining overrated? The way I took the question, I'm factoring my personal taste out of it, and trying to objectively take into consideration a band's/artist's 'contribution' to the scene.

I could say the Backstreet Boys were overrated, because they made me retch. However, if I try to see it objectively, they spearheaded the first significant resurgence of the boy band since the early 90s. So in that respect, I suppose they're not overrated.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|