View Single Post
Old 04.13.2007, 06:31 PM   #96
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
and about the live front, i haven't seen the lips live so i can't tell. they seem like fun but i find even the best theatrical concerts to be off putting, there's something dumb about props, pyro and costumes at rock concerts, i don't know, i don't like the blue man group or cirque du soleil, i guess i don't like seeing a band pull that while playing songs. whether sonic youth are a raw, sweaty, feedback-drenched punk fest of songs and improvisation, they are a band playing songs live, not a light and sound stage show that could be staged on broadway or las vegas. it's rock n' roll.
I totally understand what you are saying, but for me I really have more fun with the theatrics. At least, the Flaming Lip's theatrics. I would be put off if it were just costumes on all of the band members. That'd be a shitty gimmick. But the Flaming Lips really go all out to the point where it becomes a fantastic experience.

I can enjoy bands who just play their songs with passion, but when done right, the big theatrics really make it a more enjoyable experience for me.

As for the poll, I voted the "can't decide" option. Right now, I'm kind of out of Sonic Youth and The Flaming Lips. I have been exploring other music a lot right now. I get kind of bored with some of the Flaming Lip's earlier music, but the same goes with some of SY right now. I'm sure I'll get back into it later.
Alex's Trip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|