View Single Post
Old 04.13.2007, 04:49 AM   #41
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonikJesus
I haven't gotten into the Flaming Lips yet but I disagree with you on some points. I don't think their album are hit-or-miss. Everyone is always saying how great 80's SY is; like if everything they did after that was never as great. Don't get me wrong, I love 80's SY but they still kept putting out great records after that. Records like Washing Machine and A Thousand Leaves as well as others contain a lot of amazing songs. To me, SY keeps getting better with age. Sonic Nurse is my favorite SY record and it's pretty recent. The only records that I wasn't so amazed by are EJSTNS and RR. They aren't bad records, they are just average to me.
yeah as i said when they write a good song its really really good better than anything the flaming lips have ever done, but for me the flaming lips don't put bad songs on their albums and sonic youth do, they can be average, and i wonder if they put the time that the flaming lips do into their albums they wouldn't have albums like that. Its just with sonic youths 90's albums like EJST&NS i end up skipping some songs, but there are a few really really good sonic youth tracks on there like sweet shine. And with the flaming lips the album as a whole sounds great from start to finish like sonic youth's late 80's albums. and i do love Washing Machine and Murray Street but even those albums have not so great songs on them.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|