View Single Post
Old 03.12.2007, 03:32 AM   #8
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
The first two Sebadoh records were essentially Lou solo albums with Eric doing back-up and some tracks vice versa. The Freed Man and Weed Forestin, are to me the best thing that either of the two of them ever did by a long shot. Brilliant acoustic (mostly) 4 track experimental pop with bittersweet lyrical genius. I don't find that Sebadoh's material afterwards, nor Lou's other incarnations, suck, but I also don't find much of it to measure up to the initial greatness.

actually sebadoh started out more of eric's project w/ lou contributing songs and bass along the way.(as confirmed at the Spaceland show...)

weed forestin' was ok, but sebadoh really shined during III. that really married their tape recording style and made some of their acoustic songs come to life(although i wonder if Superchunk actually released brand new love electric first?).

i would say the drop off happened when eric left.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|