View Single Post
Old 03.08.2007, 10:19 AM   #26
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
Their singles, for the most part, have always been very strong, solid sort of songs. Anyone who thinks otherwise is probably just bitter because the band was actually moving in a new direction rather than rehashing old material and staying in their safety zone.

I've already pretty clearly stated why that isn't the case, so now you're just looking for a cheap shot and hoping it fits. I have nothing against you personally or even your taste in music if you happen to like a song that I find silly, so lets be reasonable. My favorite music groups from Sun Ra to Sonic Youth, the Melvins to the Legendary Pink Dots, have all moved in an infinite number of directions and steered way clear of anybody's safety zone, so your attack doesn't fit in the slightest.

I also don't have anything against pop music and love a reasonable amount of it, be it Elliot Smith, Big Star, or the Carpenters. I just find a hell of a lot less passion in what Nick Cave has been doing over time, and think it started with the quest for a radio friendly song around the time of Tender Prey, though he still did much other great stuff afterwards. For me it becomes hit and miss when it had always been dependable up to that point, and the best of, like many later records is half miss.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|