View Single Post
Old 03.07.2007, 02:11 AM   #8
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
It depends what you're looking for. If you want their best Sonic Youth/My Bloody Valentine influenced guitar rock album, it's all about Electro-Purra (which is not to say it's copy cat, it isn't, but it does fit that genre of pretty sounding weird tuned guitar pop.) But you know that, because you have that one.

If you want the missing link between the rock group and the mellower rock improv-jazz crossover then I Can Hear the Heart Beating As One is a great record that delivers.

And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out is a completely unique achievement, but you better want quiet. Hard to believe that it comes from a band to grow out of the post-punk noise-rock scene. It really is a great album that's all Yo La Tengo and not like anybody else.

Summer Sun is kind of more of the same, but a bit more pop - earcandyish. I really like that one a lot too. It didn't get the same amount of critical acclaim, but a few of the songs, most notably "Tiny Birds" stay with me more personally.

'Beat Your Ass is great too though I haven't spent enough time listening to it all the way through to really say much about it as a complete record.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|