View Single Post
Old 03.22.2006, 09:49 PM   #41
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I agree with hip priests list; while I genuinely think some on the list are definitely over-rated (especially, with bells on, Zappa, The Beatles and Jimi Hendrix), I think part of the point is that rarely are a band, especially one of the legion of 'classic rock' groups, deserving of anything like the hyperbolic nonsense that gets thrown at them. The point, then, is that in spite of my personal feelings, all the bands on Hip Priest's list (and a few others I can't be bothered to name) could never live up to the hype that's thrown at them.

*Insert long drawn out rant about how the Beatles are the worst thing to happen to music ever*

The Fall, The Shaggs and The Monks are deserved of all praise thrown at them, and then some more. This is truth.

*Sputters*

What?? WHAT??

Jimi Hendrix, overrated? I don't worship the guy or anything, but there is no denying his sheer fuckin talent!

Yeah, you practically can't wipe your ass without seeing a Beatle on the toilet paper, but again, there is no denying the change their music effected, their evolution as a band, their pioneering of style...

*Convulses*
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|