View Single Post
Old 02.07.2007, 06:40 PM   #51
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOUT
Thanks for the Spiel man. It's interesting to hear other people's input into what we do.
Actually that song has no real bass live - we use a crappy sounding preprogrammed bass sound on the drum machine. We're trying to get a friend to learn the bass for 3 songs we have with two guitars to do them live. The 'deconstructed' part at the end is me looping my part with a delay pedal (don't remember what its like on the youtube video, I'm talking about the newer versions of it we play, don't remember if I had that pedal then)...sometimes sounds good, sometimes not - it's never the same way twice which makes it fun.

What drum machines do you use CHOUT? I just have an Alesis SR-16 and if I could hooking a 2nd one up VIA midi sounds like a good idea. Especially one that you can write basslines on for when I go it alone.

Can your bass riffing drum machine send the bass riffs out as midi control messages? I have an analog synth with midi in that has a sort of archaic sequencer, but if I could play it with another sequencer that is structured as a song, that could be really cool.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|