View Single Post
Old 02.06.2007, 10:15 PM   #48
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
Your sound is fairly dynamic considering the stuctures that the songs have.
I like the energetic, devil-may-care agressive riffing & ostinato guitar, and I like your singing and phrasing, by the way. It reminds me some of this '90s Athens duo that was really great called Skin Pops. I'm friends (well, was) with Barry Sell, but anyway,
I think that song could be more of a "winner" if during the part where it breaks down you change your singing style, but as the music breaks, go into a couple of lines of something poetic & archetypal and change your voice into more of a heartfelt croon and then go back into the song. It'll add an counter-point anchor to the repeating "she's chunkin'" phrase that the audience can get just slightly more invovled with the song.. At the end, the song sort of deconstructs, and I like what Alsex is playing as he variates that same line, but your guitar gets too "abstract" hehe at the end. I'll say change to a different rhythm and play something fucked-up at the end and let the bass just change. Or maybe experiment with the ending being a separate break where the bass just plays. Actually, I like that idea. At the end, the bass plays the same riff as it has been as the guitar abates, and then the guitar cuts in with two seconds of blues noise pain and cuts out again as the bass then changes the next measure into the "deconstructed" sound, and the guitar once again offers a wail and then it ends. But, what am I going on about? You guys have probably already modified the song several times hehe or it's very posssible that the version posted in the video is the only one that has that ending that seems to just sputter out...
Thanks for the Spiel man. It's interesting to hear other people's input into what we do.
Actually that song has no real bass live - we use a crappy sounding preprogrammed bass sound on the drum machine. We're trying to get a friend to learn the bass for 3 songs we have with two guitars to do them live. The 'deconstructed' part at the end is me looping my part with a delay pedal (don't remember what its like on the youtube video, I'm talking about the newer versions of it we play, don't remember if I had that pedal then)...sometimes sounds good, sometimes not - it's never the same way twice which makes it fun.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|