Thread: Jesu
View Single Post
Old 12.30.2006, 08:34 PM   #13
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
final is very different in approach, it has almost zero rock in it; it's kinda like ambient showgazer, justin himself has said that it's very much like fennesz and shit on the mego label; it's cool, but not groundbreaking like jesu or godflesh or napalm.

so i have heard conqueror and, while justin indeed incorporates more of the melody and is more secured about his (melodic) voice than on godflesh and the s/t jesu album, it's not the cross between s/t and silver as i expected. i like that they chose to evolve rather than force something (as opposed to the silver ep) into their sound, anyway, it hasn't sinked yet but sounds mighty great and a fine succesor to their discography so far.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|