View Single Post
Old 12.27.2006, 03:53 PM   #54
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
I love how he craftily keeps returning to the point that the Beatles are "significant" (the word is used four times), and claiming that it's no big deal if you like them or do not like them while at the same time reaffirming over and over his distaste for The Beatles. If it's no big deal whether you like them or not, then why the posts? Why all the reccurring threads about this very absurd topic? Please note that this is a rhetorical question and that I neither expect or desire a reply back.

Well, a reply you will get. So sorry.
All I was saying is that it is not necessary to bow down to their majesty or even to enjoy their output in order to recognize their contribution to the general musical landscape. That is called "history." Jeez. That's the whole reason I made the BB King comment in relation to this.
Yeah, most of their songs bug me or do nothing for me whatsoever, but naturally there are a few that I like. Not suprising considering they made a lot of recordings in quite a few styles. All I was saying is that it is perfectly valid not to be a big fan and that doesn't make the rest of your musical opinions or enjoyment automatically null and void.
The fact that I do not deny them their achievements while simultaneously stating that the vast majority of their actual music does nothing for me is simply being honest about my own likes or dislikes while attempting to have a somewhat well-informed view of music history.
Fucking A.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|