View Single Post
Old 12.27.2006, 03:49 PM   #52
jonathan
children of satan

jonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I'm 36 and I know what I like.
Just not a huge fan. I'm sorry.
Not everyone will like every band.
It has nothing to do with "being contrarian" either; it has to do with whether or not something resonates with me, which the vast majority of The Beatles' output does not.
I do think "Flying" and "Blue Jay Way" are pretty cool though, I guess.

To Rob:
Atari certainly treats them like a sacred cow, and so do many others.
And Ob La Di....is an incredibly annoying song, sentimental and "meaningful" lyrical content notwithstanding.
There are also plenty of bands that were doing music at the same time that I personally find to be more interesting or at the very least more personally enjoyable. Plus it wasn't that far before my birth. Like a couple of years.

You have yet to mention anything off of Abbey Road. You should definitely listen to that before you make any real judgement calls. I'll send it to you if you've never heard it.

Not trying to push any bands on people, you like what you like. But not being at least somewhat familiar with Abbey Road and writing off the Beatles seems a little ridiculous.

You may write them off only after you've heard that record.
jonathan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|