View Single Post
Old 12.17.2006, 04:31 PM   #1
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Some big thing, first time I'm getting paid. My friend's band that I was helping get back together got an offer to do 3 45 minute sets in a row with 15 minute breaks for 500 dollars, and he simply told the guy they couldn't do that, but he could bring in two other bands and split the money 3 ways. So lucky me. . .

I'm trying to think of some cool songs I could cover. I can definitely fill a 45 minute setlist- but I want some songs that are sort of New Year's Evesy, you know? If it was a Christmas thing, I'd probably just figure out how to play some Christmas songs and add my own touch to them. (I'm thinking about recording a version of "Christmas Time Is Here" from Charlie Brown Christmas and putting it up, but that is besides the point)

Any suggestions?

I'm thinking of doing 2 covers. . . maybe something WIRE, Mission of Burma, or Pavement. Something New Years Evesy, rocking, and fun but still in my stylistic range y'know?
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|