Thread: Hardcore Punk
View Single Post
Old 12.10.2006, 02:18 AM   #106
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
I don't care what anyone says, there is a ton of rad "punk" and "hardcore" bands out nowadays, even ones that are relatively on the radar. Notables include (almost all of Three One G records, which could somewhat go into the noise-rock catagory, but who gives a fuck?) The Blood Brothers (who were with 31G for a bit), some local hardcore/punk bands, etc!

I saw the Blood Brothers the other night with Trail of Dead. I went to school with Conrad of TOD, and my wife actually used to play in the band in the early, early Austin days, so we were hanging back stage.

Blood Brothers were pretty good, but the main way they differ from old school hardcore is that they play way too damn long. The music was fairly complex and interesting, the vocals a bit testosterone heavy for me at this point in life, but really for as much as one song sounds like the next, I probably wouldn't have gotten bored if they stopped at a half hour. The drummer was to me the most talented guy in the band, and pretty cool socially too. The rest of them, I got the feeling were pretty smacked out.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|