View Single Post
Old 12.08.2006, 06:54 PM   #66
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopypants
And the whole thing about judging people based on the shit they've accumulated (records, movies, books) is lame.

True, there are a lot of unoriginal idiots that just glom onto other people's musical & filmic tastes. To get real about it, music and film are both lower art forms really anyway...they are popular mediums, after all, are they not?

Yeah, it's much better to judge them on whether or not they can listen and coherently respond. Oh, and whether or not they know Dostoyevsky, Kierkegaard, Picasso or Einstein.

Most importantly, the real litmus test is whether or not they can embrace both God and Evolution.

They can be Republican, but it helps a lot if they smoke pot as well. Also, girls aren't allowed to think about getting diamonds or wearing diamonds.

Any unshakeable beliefs in UFOs, superstitions, the supernatural and the like are indeed deal-breakers as well.

And yes, I do realize that I'm simply setting myself up for failure with such high expectations. But you see, my so-called "self" is besides the point.
It is true, ultimately, that life is a process, and that therefore, we should not judge. The problem with that though is that people nowadays have their heads so far up their fucking asses that they simply don't evolve their consciousness. Living in a wholly spoiled society like I do here in the United States of America, it's readily apparent that people simply do not change...not really. There are plenty of elderly people out there with not one fucking whit of wisdom, for instance.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|