View Single Post
Old 12.08.2006, 04:03 PM   #24
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsrockmovie
Wow, I'm amazed by all the negativity in this thread, and honestly it just reaffirms why this camp is so necessary. Guys, for the most part, are ignorant fucks when it comes the life of girls in this culture. Most wouldn't know what it means to be a girl if they were forced to answer with a gun to their heads. I know, because I'm a guy and I made this movie and I was an ignorant fuck too. Anyone who looks at a trailer and a tagline and starts making up all kinds of stupid crap up about how corny and cliche the whole enterprise is, is obviously already carrying around the kind of crap that girls have to confront everyday. This kind of alacrity to shut down anyone who dares to assert that girls are worth celebrating is alarming, especially on a site dedicated to a band that has helped to break down so many barriers. Do any of you even know who Kim Gordon is for chrissake? For all of you who think it's all the same, and doesn't matter if it's boys or girls or whatever stupid shit, when we called Sonic Youth to license a song for our documentary, we were actually accidentally given Kim Gordon's home number. She called us back, and after telling her about the project, she actually brought up the fact that we were asking to license Sugarcane, which doesn't feature her singing. "Kind of ironic that it's a song a guy is singing, doncha think?" she said. We were shocked we hadn't thought of that, had just been looking for some feedback sounds. So we picked Kool Thing instead.

On top of that, Sonic Youth is a big supporter of the camp.

I guess alot of you aren't really here cause you're Sonic Youth fans, so that kind of thing probably won't matter to you much, that Kim Gordon herself would be aware of the need to feature female voices. Maybe you should email her directly and tell her you wish she'd stop supporting girls. Better yet, since it's so easy to be courageously "critical" and outspoken on the internet, why don't you try yelling some of this crap at her at the next Sonic Youth show you go get baked at?
For the woman who went to Ladies Rock Camp, cheers for being the dissenting voice in this load of adolescent crap, sorry it took me so long to get back here and get your back. I had no idea that a band as thoughtful, revolutionary and against the grain would inspire such an insipid and culturally mainstream bunch of Maxim-fed piddle.

(i am a girl and) I like alot of the idea's behind this and i agree with alot of what you have to say, but dont come onto our message board and be so fucking rude to us. FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!! twat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewall91
hey all you haters. i've never been one to be called a feminist, but if you're a girl and you walk into a big guitar store, you will soon find out that the people who work there pay you a whole lot less attention and certainly give you a lot less respect.

you are only getting less respect because you don't demand it. If you act like a little shy girl then most men will treat you that way.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|