View Single Post
Old 04.17.2006, 03:23 AM   #147
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
The Rolling Stones :
- I never could cope with Mick Jagger's voice. I prefer Roy Loney & his band. The Flamin' Groovies were rocking, funny (see how happy the band can be on Supersneakers) and really underrated.
- I emailed a question to a French musical magazine that had had a crush on the Stones for before I was even born. My question was : how come that band won't appear on any promo picture with their bass player?
I know Bill Wyman was the former bass player, played with the band for 30 years or so, but his replacement, Darryl Jones (who played for Miles Davis - to show his musical history could be useful) ain't to be shown on any picture.
Why? He's been in the band since 1993. Is it cuz he's black? Is it cuz he's younger?
The answer from the magazine was that he was paid to play, hadn't created the band (what about Wood then?) and never wrote anything for the Stones - but it can be said about Watts, Wood & Wyman (unless I'm wrong).
So... makes me diss the Stones all the more.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|