View Single Post
Old 09.10.2006, 07:01 PM   #79
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Well, at this point, you're either a troll, or you're a racist or both, ted.

At the very mention of PE, you flew off the handle when I had just written that from what I had read of Nas he was a "gifted rapper."
Nas is funny & also a truth-teller, even when the truth, as he understands it, isn't pretty. His wordplay is good, but so is the writing of a lot of rappers. He's no genius; he's much too gangsta to be a genius & I don't buy into the "art as a mirror of society" defence. He does it because it's a proven formula to be hard because it sells records.

Public Enemy felt that, as artists, they had a duty to not just reflect the world around them, but to be visionaries.

If you'll recall, I also wrote that some of Dylan's lyrics were cynical & even hateful & that he was often a crotchety, untrusting fuck so it isn't like he smells like roses 100% of the time either.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|