View Single Post
Old 09.10.2006, 06:09 PM   #58
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted_kennedy
Why is it? Its so sad that fans of a band like sonic youth are so closed minded to other sounds and cultures.

I guess the apple does fall far from the tree...

We're not colse-minded. We discuss all kinds of music here. It's just that your topic statement is a bit, like Cantankerous stated, "absurd."
I know you were just trying to educate us about some of the parallels of Nas' message to some of Dylan's more radical sentiments & like I wrote before, he is, from what I've read, more gifted of a rapper than most, but I still prefer Public Enemy for meaningful raps. That may sound whitebread & dated to you, but it's my informed opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted_kennedy
The race card is relevant, so dont dodge it. As a proportion of the cultural establishment in the US a tiny fraction is black. Inevitably, the results to these types of polls, and simple dominant opinions, will reflect the makeup of the (white) people that create them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
I quite like some Nas and i don't mind some Dylan either.I want homicide and rivers of blood for my own perverse entertainment though.

How can you deny, ted_kennedy, that some of Nas' music is decidely gangsta in orientation?

Like Chuck D himself, most of us here are just a wee bit too intelligent to embrace gangsta rap although many here, including myself, cannot deny the musical qualities of N.W.A.

To be absolutely honest, you are coming off as the one with a racist bent.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|