Thread: silverchair
View Single Post
Old 09.09.2006, 10:57 PM   #38
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
The lack of Diorama exposure overseas was Atlantic Records fault. Apparently in Australia was the quickest selling and highest selling of their albums so far. The American label didn't agree with it and refused to promote it. They're independant in the states now, and I take it in your area, so hopefully their next record will get the respect it deserves.

i remember that the reason the album didn't get released in this side of the world at the same time was because there was still some unfinished business with their previous label licensing and needed to be sorted out, it also happened during daniel's illness, which cut the band's touring time off, so the label, once they gained the licensing rights, didn't think the album could sell without the band touring, so they shelved it for a year. the band was promoted outside of australia only twice in their career, when frogstomp was released and when neon ballroom was released.

that said, i think it's pointless trying to prove the band is good, people don't like them, they won't like them no matter what. it's just a waste of time and it's their loss. i hate when people try to pimp me bands i don't like because i end up hating them more, so please, stop trying to convince anyone in the board to like them.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|