View Single Post
Old 04.09.2006, 07:26 AM   #18
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal
In response to the Rather Ripped album cover thread, I've made an MP3 player thread. What's the connection? Well, if you download the album and listen to it on an MP3 player, you may not even see the cover. Or, you may buy the CD or record, but you don't really care what the cover looks like. Or the cover may be an integral part of the musical experience for you, inseperable from the music itself.

Whatever the case, what about MP3 players? Do you own one? What do you think about them?

I've brought this up numerous times, even did a poll but it wasn't specifically about MP3 players, but digital downloaded music in general.

I think you will find that the older generations who were lucky enough to experience music in a time where vinyl & tapes were the medium of sound were able to relate to music being more of an "experience" that included visual art and representation of the band and album better than the younger generations who were brought up in a more digital age of music listening that didn't have a visual art & representation to experience.

I have an MP3 player that I bought before I took a trip to Europe a year ago and used it for the plane trip, but never used it since.

Life is so incredible and there's so much to learn and soak up in life that I think it's almost harmful for the progression of one's self to be self-involved for a great amount of time in any kind of musical listening device that isolates one's self from the world, physically or coherently.

It's good to take a walk outside...
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|