View Single Post
Old 09.01.2006, 05:57 AM   #7
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey alex
the guy was in jail for like 11 eleven years on the charges of theft. I think he was breaking into houses.

There was a long period, I think, when there were rumours that nobody knew where he was, that he might be homeless or even that nobody knew if he was alive... i even seem to remember that some small band wrote a song called "I know where Dan Treacy lives" echoing TVP's "I know where Syd Barrett lives" (or maybe I'm just imagining this, or maybe it was even my idea to write such a song)...

i love the first four albums... it's striking how Dan Treacy started writing funny / optimistic / ironic songs and a few years later he was writing sad, serious, pessimistic song - which could still be funny at times... and how his voice changed...

there is a great compilation called "yes, darling, but is it art?" which includes their lovely early singles like "Posing at the Roundhouse", "Part Time Punks", "Where is Bill Grundy now?"...

i haven't heard heard the new album...
o o o is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|