View Single Post
Old 04.07.2006, 04:28 PM   #7
Lone Flanger
little trouble girl

Lone Flanger kicks all y'all's assesLone Flanger kicks all y'all's assesLone Flanger kicks all y'all's assesLone Flanger kicks all y'all's assesLone Flanger kicks all y'all's assesLone Flanger kicks all y'all's assesLone Flanger kicks all y'all's assesLone Flanger kicks all y'all's assesLone Flanger kicks all y'all's assesLone Flanger kicks all y'all's assesLone Flanger kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I've got a 40gig iPod that I got about a year and a half ago. It has all my music on it but everything that is on it has been ripped from my CD collection. I've purchased 1 album from iTunes because I had it on either tape or LP and didn't feel like buying it again on CD. I also had to purchase Heather Angel because it wouldn't encode properly.

Having your entire collection at your fingertips kind of makes you a different music listener. You have the opportunity to switch around and listen to this and that versus sitting down and listening to an album in the context that it was originally placed in (whatever you want to think about that). I like the portability aspect of harddrive mp3 players but that's about it.

Very few people take what they listen to seriously in terms of sound, I think. I don't, in terms of gear and some other things, but I know to the majority of people out there, how their shit sounds doesn't mean anything to them as long as it doesn't sound 'bad'.
Lone Flanger is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|