View Single Post
Old 06.14.2023, 01:01 PM   #916
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippietears
Im just terrified for the future of LGBTQIA+ people in America, I hate that my existence is political and is argued over when we just want to be able to be our authentic selves. We're so demonized by so many people, and I don't feel safe here. I might be in a better area, but it still bothers me that people that are also part of the community are suffering so much.
on the one hand, this is like any other kind of social progress, reform, etc. two steps forward, one step back. then eventually the old recalcitrant people die and society comes around. so if that was the only thing in play, i'd say courage, endurance, change will come, etc.

on the other hand, these issues are used as a wedge in the culture wars and the attention they get is out of proportion with their impact.

and it has to be a scary thing and a royal pain in the ass to be used like cannon fodder, whether it's politics or actual war.

but when it comes to war, courage and endurance are not enough, and strategy is paramount.

so, what's the strategy?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|