View Single Post
Old 06.03.2021, 03:53 AM   #53671
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
The sun's alright. It's people that suck.

People suck all year! As for the sun, what I can't stand is actually the heat, not the light. When I was in Maryland, I discovered this thing called, "It's minus [x] degrees Farenheit out there, but the sun is shining bright". Wot?! Took me a bit to wrap my head around that because here the seasons are very square: summer, hot and dry; winter, rainy, grey and cold (but not Maryland cold - local folks find it freezing when it's minus [x] degrees Celsius); fall and spring, exactly what you'd expect from straight transitions between those two extremes.

Or at least that's how they used to be. Climate change has fucked things up and now there's less and less rain in the winter, and humidity is creeping its way into summers - the only thing worse than the heat is the humidity GOOD GOD I HATE THAT SHIT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
You could post your Fall leading into Winter picks. Who knows, maybe I'll check some out in 5 months.

Hmm, I don't really do weather-themed picks. What I can tell you is that one of the few albums I can listen to during a summer day (DAY; at night things broaden up) is Townes Van Zandt's Live At The Old Quarter, Houston, Texas. The small club's AC was busted when that 1973 show (unreleased until '77) was recorded, so the main doors had to be opened from time to time and you can hear trucks passing in the distance (never ever to the detriment of the music, however).

Back to the cold seasons, how about 10,000 Maniacs' "Like The Weather", Robyn Hitchcock's "Winter Love"... The possibilities... Gotta say, though, I don't have a problem with the cold nowadays; I find it invigorating!

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|