View Single Post
Old 01.27.2021, 03:02 PM   #53233
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
I This one and Nebraska by Bruce Springsteen (any haters of Bruce need only listen to that album).

cinematic lyrics! flannery o'connor + terrence malick's badlands:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska_(song)

i promise to give it a good college try again but im not big on words-based music, and generally (not always) i do not like springsteen's musical style (but i recognize he's known for good lyrics, bit of a poet or whatever.)

his song born to run does give me goosebumps--not out of anything he sez about baby and strapped engines or tramps or whatever, which for me gets on the way of the thing actually, but just the ongoing crescendo in the wagnerian phil spectorism of it all is what does it for me.

the words guy that is my preferred words guy is lou reed who was just... goddammit.

but okay i will try, but whether that works for me or not it shouldn't validate or invalidate your experience yes? as this is not a contest nor a quest for approval.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|