View Single Post
Old 09.02.2020, 07:51 AM   #10
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
His apology seems sincere and it looks like he's gotten the gist of exactly why it was wrong. All I see is a musician owning up to something he did ages ago. No sensational news here. No mob. Just someone jumping at every opportunity to parade their skewed world view about a supposed monolithic, context-free cancel culture and whatnot.

And all I find when I google news about David Byrne are reports about his apology. There's absolutely no indication that there's been a huge push to cancel him. The only ones mentioning that seem to be commenters on a youtube video of the promo interview itself lamenting the supposed "cancel culture". Arguing about conjured up phantoms here, if you ask me.

My two cents: It was wrong and cringey, but he owned up to it. If he still thought it'd be a good idea, it'd be a different story. Also: Amazing how this somehow turned into a rant on BLM. The lengths some people will go to cram in their few specific talking points everywhere. If it wasn't so sad, it'd almost be comical.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|