Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 03.28.2020, 02:51 PM   #404
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirsute_biped
Don’t check in here very often. Isolating with family, working from home, 5 year old pre-school son with autism in one bedroom apartment, company-wide salary cuts by 20%. Still have a job and health insurance, wondering how long I will be able to say that. Almost bought a Drifter Les Paul copy guitar on eBay the other day, glad I passed it up now.

Horrors playing out across healthcare systems, scale will increase continuously

Interesting explanation why bats harbor so much virus: https://youtu.be/iJ2jDPgvbTY
oh that was an awesome video, thanks

i'm sorry things are tough, but with a job and health insurance it's a "count your blessings" scenario i think. also the fact that you're in a one bedroom apartment not keeping a mcmansion is a very good thing. yes a 20% cut is tough but not a mortal wound.

maybe too soon to talk about this, but you might find it helpful, so i'll just risk being tactless or tone-deaf and say it anyway in case it's usable: per some financial formulas (eg. elizabeth warren's "balanced money formula") it's good to have your essentials at 50% of take-home pay because that's what unemployment covers. yes i know it's difficult etc. but she's got her reasons, worth listening to, in book form.

and i know timing is perhaps bad, now maybe the budget reviews are happening by surprise, but maybe check out her book if you're curious (title is "all your worth"). it's a good framework, there are others, but for the employed person looking for some financial stability that's what i would recommend. i read mine at the library ages ago, and now libraries are closed but there are probably some *cough* pdf copies floating out there and i don't think she'd mind...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|