View Single Post
Old 11.19.2019, 09:13 PM   #52013
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
Weyes Blood - Rough Trade Session (EP)

A condensed, stripped-down cut with the perfomances of three of the (imho) best tracks of the most recent album. Her voice can really shine with this arrangement. If I were to nitpick, then I'd say it's a pity that arguably the most impressive track of the album - its showstopping opener "A Lot's Gonna Change" was reduced to a short instrumental intro. And granted, the featured tracks had added layers of arrangement on the album that worked in their favor. But it's a really solid release that perfectly accentuates both the vocal and songwriting skills of Weyes Blood and all of the tracks I thought were kind of meandering on Titanic Rising are blissfully absent. So I enjoyed it a lot more than the album. Highly recommended.

A KCRW session from almost exactly five months ago is still alive on Dime:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=652872

By the bye, the Rough Trade Session was originally a bonus disc which came with the (yes) Rough Trade-sold edition of Titanic Rising. Not uncommon Rough Trade shenanigans - Anna Calvi's debut album featured a special collection of classical music selected by Anna, while Caitlin Rose's Own Side Now and The Stand-In both included special additional live/demo goodness. But, as far as I know, the Weyes Blood sesh is the only number which has made it to Bandcamp (in other words, it's the only one you don't have to bleed money to get in decent sound now that the editions with bonus CDs are out of print).

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|