View Single Post
Old 08.04.2006, 06:34 AM   #555
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
Either you or Toilet and Bowels mentioned it before I think and it sounded like a treasure trove. You have to spill the location of these nice record shops...I will probably be in London at the end of the month to see Sunburned Hand...

Also, I just ordered Last Shot at Heaven by Skullflower....

Here's one you will have to visit:
Wandering around Soho, it's quite possible you may stumble into the aptly named Cheapo Cheapo Records. A belter of a tiny shop found located on Rupert St that has cheesy vinyl and oddball stuff hidden amongst its dusty shelves. An assortment of second hand vinyl, Cheapo Cheapo might resemble a jumble sale inside but you can lose yourself for hours.
Funk Soul Brothers should head off to Mr Bongo on Poland St (just off Oxford St), for a good mix of hip hop, funk and Latin underground. Black Market on D'Arblay Stis well stocked on every style of dance music you can think of - along with plenty of listening decks as well. It's quite likely you'll stumble across Steve's Sounds by accident whilst wondering around Tottenham Court Road - a cheap 'n' cheerful outlet where brand new CDs (and stacks of releases over the last year) go for affordable prices. No wonder it's so popular!

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|