View Single Post
Old 11.10.2018, 03:45 PM   #50006
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i love that band, and popular hype aside i always return to their first album as the one that never tires me. it’s really mostly a blues record.

i’ll take the original crisp recording, no remasters, no changes to the old school stereo mix with the clearly separate channels please.

I prefer their more expansive, weirder stuff. Not necessarily Presence, but some of the tunes on Led Zeppelin III, definitely Houses of the Holy and Physical Graffiti (“In the Light” is a vastly superior stoner anthem to “Stairway”).

Anyway... Their first album was one of the first records I ever purchased with my own money, but I don’t really “feel” it. I prefer the BBC sessions versions of the blues tracks.

Whatshisname... some rock guy... ah...Cameron Crowe! Yes! He once said he preferred them to the Beatles and that they were a logical extension of the Beatles’ four-personalities archetype. I couldn’t disagree more. They’re a one-personality kind of band. But still thumped when it counted
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|