View Single Post
Old 11.08.2018, 06:29 PM   #49989
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
This confuses me, because I was fucking around with my list but did actually end up browsing some of those bands and related ones. Damn near every singer sounded the same.

I agree the guttural thing is repetitious too, but I can't hear why the high piercing gets a pass.

Stylistics sameyness is definitely a thing, but a lot of times I find it easier to tell one singer from another with clean vocals than with the standard demon Screech or guttural growl. I know quite a few female fronted death metal bands where you definitely have no idea whether the person is male or female, and that's kind of cool in a way but also shows how reductive the style is.

I'm never going to mistake King Diamond for Rob Halford, or Messiah for Bruce Dickinson.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|