View Single Post
Old 11.08.2018, 03:05 PM   #49985
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I do have a very tough time with Robert Plant but I think that's understandable. I love the Rhythm Section in that band though.
I think the real template for the kind of singing I'm talking about would be more in the operatic Style set up by Dickinson and Halford, and I say that being not much of a maiden fan at all. And I'm pretty sure Freddie Mercury and the vocal stylings of bands like Uriah Heep had to play into their Vision substantially.
Mercyful Fate were basically a more extreme and actually satanic version of the priest style in most ways, for instance.
Ozzy seems to be a strong contender in the Doom category however. But his voice is more limited than what I'm talking about. Even though he's certainly a great singer. Or was for a while at least!

(For my dadrock screecher, I prefer Ian Gillan of Deep Purple way over plant. Blackmore over Page too, for that matter)
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|