View Single Post
Old 03.16.2018, 09:24 AM   #156
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
In Jr. High STP was huge for me. Core and Purple were big big. And then I always just kinda liked them through high school. And then lost interest for a while. But there's always been something weirdly fascinating about them to me. This sort of tug-o-war between grunge and glam I guess.

Precisely my sentiments as well. Very much my history and feelings about them. And yes, I think that tug-o-war you describe is quite accurate part of my fascination as well. It's well put.

Which is also why I feel kind of bad for them as a "band." As musicians.They really were a fucking standout show to me around their "peak" time. I honestly think there is a lot of interesting musicianship in some of that earlier stuff that people easily dismiss and cast aside as just another "grunge" band. Some pretty out-there songwriting on Purple and Vatican, honestly, that just seemed to work for me. And the brothers are really solid at their instuments.

Like said, I just sort of cast them off after all the later zaniness as most did. Almost went to their show when they came through with Chester but held off, specifically cuz I did not want to tarnish my fonder memories of them. I wanted to remember them as they were. Kind of sad, really. But hearing you describe that album as you did there makes me really want to go check this out. I think we are on pretty much the same wave about them. Honestly, I need to listen to the previous one as well. Never did entertain listening to that yet, either.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|