View Single Post
Old 01.10.2018, 11:36 AM   #484
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
oh, so it is out like now. I see. not that I am excited, it is just normally there is some fuss around it, or maybe it is because I am not listening to commercial radio anymore and thankfully I am able to avoid the com. radio in work too these days.

I’m the same way. I listen to what I listen to. I visit music news sites and check stuff out when it gets a rec but my eyes just go right past headlines like “U2 to release new album.” They were on be cover of Rolling Stone this month, and Bono was in the news for calling music “girlie” though, so that brought it into focus a bit.

I’m comfortable with the fact that I enjoy a handful of U2 songs from the Unforgettable Fire days, and have a trivial pop appreciation for some of their ‘90s singles, but aside from that I think they’re actually an extremely unimportant band. The Police had a bigger influence on pop music, and still do. So did the Cure, Clash, DM, REM. U2 is only one of the biggest bands in the world because people’s options in the rock realm are so limited.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|