View Single Post
Old 08.11.2016, 06:00 PM   #48083
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
for real! I do this everytime. rock is such a rehash joke of itself now, it's not even ridiculed anymore. I don't mind familiarity it's just the personality behind it is dull. like a bunch of coffee shop workers emulating their record collection. even when it tries to be updated to compete or influenced by modern hip hop and R&B it falls flat on it's face. where's the balance? isn't it still possible to rock out and be modern and not sound lame? is it possible to talk about it without sounding like a 15 year old YouTube comment, mad at his generation for listening to Bieber?

maybe this is further blabber for the NIN's thread.

I really don't know if it's still possible. I'm trying to think of a genuinely new and interesting sounding rock-type band from the past few years and I'm coming up with nada.

I LOVED Black Bug (RIP Black Bug, you beautiful hideous bastards), and Dub Thompson, and really enjoyed Milk Music and Perfect Pussy... But as great as their albums were in 2013-2014, they were still basically just rehashings of Throbbing Gristle, a Clash/Guided By Voices hybrid, Meat Puppets, and Sonic Youth, respectively.

I think one of the most interesting and inspired rock band that quickly comes to mind from the past 10 years is Fuck Buttons. I have to dig pretty deep to find anything else that jumps out as quickly.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|