View Single Post
Old 05.23.2016, 10:36 PM   #47957
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
I forgot about new Pantha Du Prince album! first impression?

I can never get enough of a Im Bann track fromBlack Noise album.

My first impression is that it's the most important pure electronic album of the year at this point. Also one of the first of the year to really grab me, which is strange because I usually like more techno/house/footwork shit than anything else. Pitchfork called it "quietly sinister" or some such bullshite and I really can't agree. It feels almost atypically non-sinister for the genre. There are some euphoric moments on it. Though this is Pantha, so it's more professional and intricate than the rave-and-molly maximal "euphoria" folks like Rustie are kicking out. It feels exponentially more deliberate and artful than that stuff.

I listened while driving, then while working, so I haven't had a chance to really let it sink in. It just strikes me as a very strong record from an artist with a unique sound and personality. I'm excited to hear such a strong new release from someone other than Aphex, Autechre, Squarepusher, etc. despite how much I love those artists.

Listen to it, man. There we're two or three songs that just made me stop what I was doing completely and give all my attention over to the music. I'll get back to you on the titles, but there are some really amazing moments on the album.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|