View Single Post
Old 02.06.2016, 05:24 PM   #340
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
But again this is where you are over intellectualizing it. Stop. Think. Think about guitar. IF an artist says point blank they were directly influenced by another artist it is not necessarily pure emotions or opinion. It is simply pointing out who taught you something you previously didn't know. For example who taught me the upstroke technique? Literally it was my friend Samau when were in a blue jam band together. What was the very first song i ever used the upstroke to play and learn this technique? Chuck Berry Around and Around. So if i say my use of upstroke is influenced by Chuck Berry i am not merely being nostalgic or sympathetic, i am telling you exactly where i learned it.

Yeah, according to you. Don't take it personall. It's just a fact of research. Self-report measures are the least reliable. Doesn't matter if you're telling the absolute truth or not, if you're the only one who "knows" it's the truth, it's not a reliable data point. Want you're talking about works ok in qualitative research, but it's generally avoided in quantitative. Just saying.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|