View Single Post
Old 12.09.2015, 12:44 PM   #1767
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
I'm bummed they didn't give Black Messiah album of the year nomination.

I'm happy for Kendrick but you know it could turn out the same way it did two years ago.. a pure rap album never actually won album of the year at the grammys. "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" and "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below" were the closest but I wouldn't even consider those rap/hip-hop. If he wins he'll make history.

Push is gonna kill it!

Yeah, what the fuck?! Why did D'Angelo get a nod? It seems like the album would actually kind of perfectly represent the underdog-return those Grammy chumps go for. I can see it winning. In fact, I just assumed it was nominated for AOTY, so much so that I didn't even notice it wasn't!

Regarding rap albums, I've never actually looked into the Grammys Kanye has won, but I thought either Late Reg. or Graduation had won Album of the Year. Not true? I think he was at least nominated for the award for each of his first 3 albums, which is pretty impressive.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|