View Single Post
Old 12.02.2015, 03:44 PM   #1750
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Well, I'm not sure what to believe. You never know anymore. What I do know is that over the past 2 years, my opinion of RZA and the Clan in general has absolutely plummeted. For nearly 20 years, I've been a loyal Wu fan, and as recently as 2013 they were still my favorite hip hop act of all time (a position I believe I've made more than clear on this forum). But the infighting and bullshit surrounding ABT looked bad for everyone involved, and that album was fine and all, but it was neither familiar nor different enough to be worth the wait and the non-stop crap that surrounded its release in the media.

I don't care who produced the album. If it's a bomb ass record featuring the entire Clan, that's all that matters. But all this shit about high art can suck a dick. If the album gets released, I will totally buy it and listen to it. As long as it stays stuck in this hip-hop Da Vinci Code melodrama, and nobody gets to hear it, I'm gonna be pissed at everyone involved.

If that Reddit story is accurate, I actually feel bad for Cilvaringz. And I also feel white hot anger toward every member of Wu who knew that this was going on but didn't bother to divulge any helpful details in any of their countless public tirade's against RZA. If Method Man and Rae were so pissed off, why the fuck didn't they say something about what was really going on behind the album?

I'm serious: I feel sick about the entire way in which these guys have conducted themselves over the past few years.

While their first 4 albums, and many of their solo records still rank among my favorites, and even though Wu-Tang is still one of my favorite groups of all time, I no longer feel that undying sense of loyalty that I once did. Death of a fanboy, I guess.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|