View Single Post
Old 12.01.2015, 09:45 PM   #1744
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
P_green: who exactly are you referring to with the "new crop of popular rappers" comment? Just curious.

Because I think as far as most of the world is concerned, Future and Young Thug fit that description best, even though Future isn't new and Young Thug is crap, and also not new.

I'm afraid Kanye is in his own world right now. He's never waited this long between albums. Drake is just continuing to be Drake, which means yeah, he's popular, but he's also one of the most targeted rappers in the world. He's very "love him or hate him", moreso than Kanye. Kanye's debut is 11 years old, and he's always been kind of a "love him AND hate him" figure. That's because he's objectively brilliant musically, but tends to be a bit of a damn fool.

Kendrick is the only rapper out there who's got everyone in his corner. Sadly, even Kendrick was overthrown by the willful ignorance of the Young Thug hype machine.

But yeah, I'm totally glad it's not about Wayne and Em anymore.

But I think Kanye needs to make the wait worth it, and drop his new joint at the PERFECT time in order to avoid the "bricking" that pitchfork predicted.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|