View Single Post
Old 06.30.2015, 08:58 AM   #1112
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
ok i really love that new Miguel.

Meek Mill's new album is (surprisingly?) good too.

my top 5 of the year looking like this right now:

Miguel
Kendrick
Vince
Earl
Meek

(with Drake/Rocky/Future/etc being really close to make the cut.)

not sure about the order yet.

I think you just have a broader palette than I do, and a less rigorous sense of loyalty to music. It used to baffle me how your lists would change so drastically, but now I'm wondering if it's not my own stubbornness that's the problem.

I still say
At.Long.Last.A$AP
To Pimp a Butterfly
Tetsuo & Youth
If You're Reading This It's Too Late
And B4.DA.$$ are the big notables of the year, with Pilot Talk III, the new Raekwon (which, like, nobody fucking noticed), Mr. Wonderful and Sour Soul filling out the rest of the starting line up.

But recently my whole year has been flipped by an increased, faunung love for White Men are Black Men Too by Young Fathers. That album, even though it doesn't feel entirely like "rap" reminds me of Shabazz Palaces and their equally progressive and tweaked version of hip-hop, only I think I like Young Fathers MUCH more than I like SP's at present.

Really though, that's just my in-genre list. The big albums for me have been, once again, electronic, breakbeat and footwork, noise and ambient-related. Jim O'Rourke, Hudson Mohawke, Jefre Cantu-Ledesma, Andřya, Thee Oh-Sees, Jlin, Prefuse 73.

But I'm still waiting for the real shit to drop.

ALLA, Tetsup & TPAB are the real hip hop dominators in my opinion.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|