View Single Post
Old 06.05.2015, 09:47 AM   #1244
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Louisiana

i seriously need to move there

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
made vegan gumbo yesterday.
with asparagus and bok choi.
y'all southern bells would punch me in the face.

turned out nice I have to say.

i don't think there's an official recipe for gumbo unless it's fake. i mean gumbo is basically a pot of everything. so i'll say you're true to the spirit of the thing.

next time try to add some sausages though *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
My 82 year old father-in-law posted this on facebook recently:

For best kale smoothie:

1) Fill blender with ice
2) Place kale in trash
3) Pour rum in blender
4) Add fresh fruits
5) Blend well
6) Enjoy.

sounds great! but you can feed the kale to the pigs or chickens and later you can make bacon or fried chicken.

===

look what i found on wikithing:

Gumbo z'herbes[edit]

Gumbo z'herbes, served with filé powder and hot sauce
When Catholics were expected to abstain from eating meat during Lent, a meatless variety of gumbo, known as gumbo des herbes (literally "gumbo of the herbs" and shortened to gumbo z'herbes), was often served. This variety combined a large number of greens – typically including turnips, mustard greens, and spinach.[10] The greens were cooked to mush and strained through a sieve to produce a thick green liquid. Preparation for this variety of gumbo was time-consuming, and as Lenten restrictions have relaxed, the dish has become less popular.[10] It is very rarely served in restaurants.[11] In modern times, ham or crabmeat is occasionally added to this type of gumbo.

Gumbo z'herbes may have originated with the French, Germans, or West Africans.[12] It has similarities to the French dish potage aux herbes ("soup with herbs"), as well as to the African callaloo.[12] The meatless dish also bears striking resemblance to a dish often eaten in Germany on Maundy Thursday. German Catholics, obeying the Lenten rules, often served a stew made of seven different greens on this date.[11]
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|