View Single Post
Old 04.26.2015, 02:07 PM   #1178
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
CHEEEEEEEEFFFFFFF!!! if you read this. check out the movie "how to cook your life". a documentary that follows a chef/zen teacher. really great! and part of it was shot in austria. i'm not kidding. check it out if you can. i posted a picture on the movie thread. made by someone name doris dorrie (with some umlauts somewhere)

=======

i've been cleaning my food stores for the last couple of weeks. all i have left in the freezer are frozen bananas, frozen strawberries, and frozen greens. the industrial chicken is gone-- but it made a mess of my oven, splattering grease everywhere. s0-- almost there! the pantry shelves are still loaded though-- all kinds of flours, etc. so some interesting things came out of that.

--> a tuna sauce for pasta, with cilantro. delicious.

--> chocolate cake. really nice and moist. that later became a chocolate peanut cake after i mixed peanut butter with confectioner's sugar (wanted to get rid of the sugar)

--> a pumpkin custard (canned pumkin, milk, eggs, molasses, sugar, spices)

--> "bean pizza". a layer of beans, a layer of greens, a splash of tomato sauce, shredded industrial mozzarella (i know, i know). heated up in the oven. sounds slightly monstrous but it's actually decent nutrition. gets boring after 5 days though!

--> cornbread. made with butter and buttermilk. which i ate with The Last Bacon. cornbread was okay but degermed cornmeal is fucking bland and tasteless. no more aunt jemima, i'm growing/grinding my own dent corn from now on.

i'm looking for a recipe for graham crackers-- i have a TON of graham flour. alton brown, that fucking douche, has a highly rated recipe but it's measured in fractions of an ounce. how the fuck do you measure "7 3/8 ounces?" are they weight ounces or volume ounces? the fucking douche... he has good recipes but i hate his guts. "alton".

haha. ok.
i'm not a chef... just a good dishwasher.

avocados weren't enough for my boss. he wanted a different "center" for the dish.
ended up with errmmm... oriental quinoa-spinach 'rissoles' (don't know about the term, we call them 'Laibchen').

so these went out with sliced avocados, tahini-jogourth (i'm addicted to tahini). roasted lemons and we garnished the whole thing with olive oil and coriander leaves
yes, yes, i read too many ottolenghi recipes lately.

your onion thing actually ended up on the menu. 'pink' roasted duck breast with orange-fennel salad and sage-onions.
decadence pour le decadence

i might have to reconsider my opinion about the chicken.
a friend of mine just came back from istanbul and brought me some spices.
we made a fucking ace chicken Tajin (yes, yes... spices from turkey in a Tajin... welcome to the afterfusion).

gonna watch that 'how to cook your life" movie tonight.

that's the long one, you'll like it:
had day off. started cooking.
first i tried to make 'Sterznudeln' (pastalike noodles that are traditional for some regions from where i grew up, never did it before though and it's a grotesque pasta recipe anyways).

-> you first cook the flour in boiling water before you make the pasta dough.

ok, then i had these noodles. (not done yet of course, wanted to brown them in butter, you could also cook them in water agian but i think it'll end up messy).

also had some red beetroot
I smoked them in a wok.
everything went fine.

smoked them and then put them in the oven at 230 C .
Tought it would take 50-60min in the oven so that they're done.

went to buy cigarettes in the meanwhile.
couldn't get inside the house after that. landlord exchanged the lock 2 days ago, we got new keys and everything.
sitting here with an unpaid bill for 170 euros for the unlock service (that was just for the reversal... door got opened from a neighbour downstairs from the inside).
still i haven't finished the dish.
police got involved too, i locked myself out on purpose for a second time :-)

if you want to know any detarils (cooking, law, etc.)
happy to share,
i'm just very slow on the computer
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|