View Single Post
Old 04.06.2015, 09:45 PM   #1152
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
!!!
never had kale. was der bauer nicht kennt, frisst er nicht.

ha ha ha! i google translated that! "what the farmer does not know, he does not eat".

BUT the farmer might know it already... he might know it as Grünkohl!

o wait wait... maybe not....

Quote:
In Süddeutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz ist Grünkohl eher unbekannt.

damn!

Quote:
everyone in europe and their grandmother is afraid of the american chlorine chicken invasion. I have to deal with bad quality chicken on a daily basis, such a weird bone structure - devo-dinosaur mass-produced fucking things.somehow it's

are you guys getting it now? i was hoping you'd keep it banned. it's a monstrosity. the bones underdeveloped indeed, as is the weirdly textured flesh (no discernible muscle fibers), which is also perfumed with an undercurrent of sewer stench. disgusting as it is, i ate some tonight with spinach and potato-- the plants were great, the chicken was... a cheap protein ration.

Quote:
anyways... making a nice batch of chicken stock is my favourite thing on earth.
it's the smoothest of all the stocks there are.

i just bought 24 baby hens... they live in a camping trailer under a red light... it's going to be some 20+ weeks until they start laying eggs.

if they don't, they will find their way into the stock pot... hmmmm, hen soup!!

to be honest, i don't know if i'll have the balls to execute them if the time ever comes-- i've known them as babies now. but in theory, they are for eggs--many many eggs.

but the thought of a hen broth... my grandmother used to make these epic han soups when we visited. i was too little to remember what went into them but i should investigate + make some phone calls.

Quote:
mom made traditional easter fawn on sunday

you guys ate bambi?? wow!

Quote:
while I had a edible wild herb and plant monday kitchen session at her house.
suprised on how fucking awesome houseleek can turn out. nobody seems to know that you can eat this stuff. it's like a mild artichoke of some kind... basically it pretty much looks like an artichoke without a stem (botanically it's not a thistle though). long live the sedum!

took some of them with the roots with me to vienna now... gonna grow some and continue experimenting.

that looks amazing... reminds me of some desert plants. are they not toxic?

i have been looking for edible plants here in my desert but they are very hard to identify... i even called various park & forestry services and they have no idea (they recommended some books for plant identification, but it's not the same as knowing what can be eaten).

we have piñon, which is a type of pine nut; and we have a bitter juniper that tastes way stronger than the european juniper... there are also tiny wild carrots (very rare) and some kind of wild onions in some mountains, but not much really...

i tried some weird leaves some months ago and later found out they were toxic ha ha ha. ooops! there goes my kidney.

BUT i know if ever stranded in the snow i can eat pine bark (the inside). it has lots of vitamin C. can also be dried up/ground into a flour. hell yes. for now i'd rather buy oranges and not kill a whole pine tree though.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|