View Single Post
Old 09.12.2014, 08:08 AM   #1077
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I like 50 but "rap god" is better than anything he ever spit.

Whoah, dude. That's a crazy crazy thing you just said. Are you chewing on peyote buttons? Having an identity crisis? Feeling a lapse in you relationship with Jesus?

Nah I'm just fuckin' (and giving you shit at the same time, which says a lot about by organizational skills.. Zing!!)

I admit "Rap God" was kind of a triumphant single. I think the lyrics were specifically intended for artists like Kanye West, Kendrick, possibly Drake to a lesser extent.. Basically, the current "untouchables" ruling the rap game. What's funny though is that Kanye Has kept up his momentum for 10 years at this point, and record sales aside (because frankly yes, they've taken a downturn... but that's true of everyone) .. Anyway, sales aside, he's more popular than ever. He's still making platinum albums, even if he's not making quintuple-platinum ones, and he's still scoring hits, even if he's not releasing single after single after single that are all making it to #1 on the billboard charts.

And Drake has only grown in influence and popularity as well, though I still want to punch his lint-Rollin' bitchass Degrasse face. And guess what? He's doing it by essentially taking turn by turn directions from Yeezy! It's like he has the voice of Ye on his iPhone instead of Siri, and he's just making a career out of studying and reimagining 808's & Heartbreak!

And Kendrick... Well... Kendrick is a powerhouse. The most talented emcee of the bunch. I'd "Rap God" was an attempt to one-up Kendrick's rapid-fire assassination of every name in the game on "Control," it.. Failed. Hah. I'm not actually sure which came first at this point, but Em is clearly a bit terrified by Kendrick. I believe that's the reason he wanted to play nice and collaborate with the kid on MMLP2; so he wouldn't have to eventually respond to a challenge.

Em is not representative of hip hop. He's a pop star. He's like Lady Gaga, only with a smaller vagina.

Maybe I should revisit the albums I did like early on. The Eminem Show, Slim Shady, etc. I have nothing to say about Relapse or Recovery, or MMLP1 or it's weird sequel. But I respect Dre's production... But I'm pretty sure I gave Em another chance last year. I'm pretty sure I wrote something about it. And in pretty sure I was disgusted
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|